As we celebrate #Reformation Day, I can’t help but to be thankful for those such as Luther who lived with a willingness to walk out into the unknown; standing against the religious leaders of the day to speak the truth of God’s word. Likewise, let us be willing to give all we have to honor the God who has so freely given all to us. Let us hold nothing back in our pursuit of all that is right.
I’m not sure anyone could compile a true “top-ten” list of all that Martin Luther said. However, the quotes listed below are my personal favorites, and I hope they inspire you as well. To God be the Glory!
1. The whole being of any Christian is faith and love. Faith brings the person to God, love brings the person to people.
2. The Bible is a remarkable fountain: the more one draws and drinks of it, the more it stimulates thirst.
3. I simply taught, preached, wrote God’s Word: otherwise I did nothing. The Word of God did it all.
4. A simple layman armed with Scripture is greater than the mightiest pope without it
5. Even if I knew that tomorrow the world would go to pieces, I would still plant my apple tree.
6. God created the world out of nothing, and so long as we are nothing, He can make something out of us.
7. I know not the way God leads me, but well do I know my Guide.
8. None can believe how powerful prayer is, and what it is able to effect, but those who have learned it by experience.
9. Peace, if possible. Truth at all costs.
10. As long as we live there is never enough singing.